Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Post

This is not the first time I've tried the blogging thing, so I'm not sure how this is going to work out for me. This will make attempt number three for me; I blogged for a little while at work, before getting too busy to keep going, and I still have blog on Yahoo! 360, but I've never been very consistent about it.

I'm not sure I should even be a blogger. Let's be honest; I'm not really hurting for an outlet to be heard. Several thousand people a day hang on my every word for 30 minutes. (Okay, that was a slight exaggeration.) But I frankly don't need more attention. (My wife will agree with that, for sure.) I also have the added specter of being a journalist. That makes me have to be more careful about sharing opinions, because my reputation for objectivity is still important to me.

Nevertheless, here I am, blogging away. I hope this blog will be a chance for me to share my interests; I'm sure I'll talk theology, church stuff, family stuff, sports stuff. Those are basically my interests. From time to time, I might share a pithy antecdote from work, but I have a feeling those will be rare. We'll see.

I hope that this blog might be an outlet for my thoughts, and a chance for input from others. It's easy to get insulated in your own little world; your small circle of family, friends, and co-workers. Maybe this will help me expand that circle a bit. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: