Saturday, May 31, 2008

This Week's Lesson

I'm going to try to do the final installment of my look at the landscape of the Southern Baptist Convention on Monday, but today, I want to give everyone in the class a heads-up on tomorrow's lesson. We're going to begin a four week study into the book of Proverbs tomorrow. Four weeks isn't nearly long enough to study Proverbs, but we'll have to take what we can get, I guess.

Tomorrow, we'll be specifically looking at the first seven verses of the book. We'll be asking questions about the purpose of Proverbs; what it is mean to be, and what we can learn from studying it. It will be a foundational look at the importance of Proverbs.

The Book of Proverbs is both practical and theological. I think it will be a good study and an important one for us, and hopefully, it will send us into studying the book even more closely. See you in class tomorrow!

No comments: