Monday, May 19, 2008

Railroading in the Rockies

Great news! We found out today that we'd sold enough of our "Railroading in the Rockies" trips for Crystal and me to get to go! We are going to get to go to the Canadian Rockies for seven days for free, as tour hosts for WTOK's "Railroading in the Rockies" trip in July. Yeah, I'm pumped. There's nothing like a free luxury vacation to make you feel pretty good about the summer ahead.

Not that there aren't some catches. Reed's third birthday will fall during the trip, so Crystal is a little disappointed about that. We'll have to have his birthday two days after it actually happens, when we get back from the trip. I really don't think he'll know the difference, though.

But it's going to be great to get to get away from everything, just Crystal and me and about twenty other people. We're hopeful there might actually be some younger people on the trip. We're also hopeful we'll get a good bit of time to ourselves, but hey, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to free vacations.

For a look at what the vacation will be like, you can go this link: "Railroading in the Rockies". Oh by the way, you can still book until later this month, if you happen to be interested.

Also, on my previous post about yesterday's lesson, Julie asked some provocative questions. I think it would behoove you to add your two cents there by commenting. I'm going to wait before I give my opinion, because I want to here what others might have to say. Later.

No comments: